The collection of the resort fee in the Krasnodar territory is suspended from June 1 to December 31, 2020.
During the period from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022, each guest who arrives in the city-hotel" VBARKHATNYE SEZONY " for a period of more than one day, and who has reached the age of 18, pays 10 rubles for each subsequent day of stay in the hotel.
The resort fee, the so-called tourist tax, has been successfully introduced in a number of other countries in the most popular regions for travelers. The amount of the fee depends on each state individually and in some countries reaches up to 5 euros per day (about 380 Russian rubles at the current exchange rate). As an experiment, the authorities of the Krasnodar territory introduced the cost of the tax, available for payment to each tourist. All funds raised in Sochi will be used to develop and maintain the tourist infrastructure of the Sochi resort only: to provide travelers with more comfortable recreation conditions.
The resort fee is paid at the time of check-in of the guest in the city-hotel "BARKHATNYE SEZONY" in cash or non-cash, except for those tourists who are exempt from payment by the state (the poor, veterans, disabled people and their accompanying persons, and others). The full list of persons can be found in Article 7 of Federal law No. 214 "Exemption from payment of the resort fee" (link). Exemption from payment is made upon presentation by the guest of the original document confirming their right to exemption from payment, or a copy of this document certified in accordance with the procedure established by law. Exemption from payment of the resort fee can also be made on the basis of a written application of the accompanied person or their legal representative.
The city-hotel "Barkhatnye sezony", as the operator of the resort fee, does not have the right to withhold the tax amount independently and without the consent of the guest. However, the hotel administration considers it necessary to inform that according to the law, failure to fulfill the guest's obligation to pay the fee entails the imposition of an administrative fine in the amount of 500 to 2000 rubles.
The list of persons exempt from payment is Provided for by Federal law (part 1, article 7)**.
*List of laws
Federal law No. 214-FZ of July 29, 2017 «on conducting an experiment on the development of resort infrastructure in the Republic of Crimea, Altai territory, Krasnodar territory and Stavropol territory».
**Categories of citizens who are exempt from paying the resort fee.
- Persons who have been awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union, Hero of the Russian Federation or are full holders of the order of Glory;
- Persons awarded the title of Hero of Socialist Labor or Hero of Labor of the Russian Federation or awarded the order of Labor Glory of three degrees;
- Participants of the great Patriotic war;
- Veterans of military operations from among the persons specified in subitems 1-4 of item 1 of article 3 of the Federal law of January 12, 1995 N 5-FZ " about veterans";
- Persons awarded the badge "to A resident of besieged Leningrad";
- Persons who worked during the great Patriotic war on air defense facilities, local air defense, on the construction of defensive structures, naval bases, airfields and other military facilities within the rear borders of active fronts, operating zones of active fleets, on front-line sections of Railways and highways, as well as members of the crews of transport fleet ships interned at the beginning of the great Patriotic war in ports of other States;
- Disabled veteran;
- Family members of the dead (deceased) war invalids, participants of the great Patriotic war and veterans of military operations, family members of persons who died in the great Patriotic war from among the personnel of self-defense groups of object and emergency teams of local air defense, as well as family members of deceased employees of hospitals and hospitals in the city of Leningrad;
- Persons exposed to radiation as a result of the Chernobyl disaster, as well as as a result of nuclear tests at the Semipalatinsk test site, and persons equated to them;
- Disabled people of groups I and II;
- Persons accompanying group I disabled persons and children with disabilities in accordance with Federal law No. 178-FZ of July 17, 1999 "on state social assistance";
- Low-income families, low-income citizens living alone, and other categories of citizens provided for by Federal law No. 178-FZ of July 17, 1999 "On state social assistance", who have an average per capita income below the subsistence minimum established at their place of residence in the relevant subject of the Russian Federation;
- Persons who arrived on the territory of the experiment in order to receive specialized, including high-tech, medical care or medical rehabilitation after providing specialized, including high-tech, medical care in the conditions of sanatorium-resort organizations, as well as their accompanying person if the patient is a child under the age of 18;
- Tuberculosis patients;
- Persons under the age of 24 who are studying full-time in educational institutions located on the territory of the experiment;
- Persons who permanently work on the territory of the experiment on the basis of an employment contract or service contract;
- Persons who have a place of residence on the territory of the experiment;
- Persons who have the right to own residential buildings (shares in the right to own them) and (or) residential premises (shares in the right to own them) on the territory of the experiment;
- Athletes, coaches, sports judges, as well as other specialists in the field of physical culture and sports who arrived to participate in official sports events on the territory of the experiment.